10 Home Maintenance Tips for the Winter
Home Inspectors Recommended Maintenance for the Winter
Winter is upon us as freezing temperatures approach and often times homeowners think about how to keep their families warm, yet the home sometimes gets overlooked. At the same time, we often get calls this time of year for home inspection tips
for winterizing your home. So we decided to share the Top 10 Winter Preparation Tips
from your home inspection professionals
at Inspect360. Before we do, it is important to consider having a professional in some of these areas help you or at least getting home inspectors
involved for advice and recommendations, so feel free to call us with any questions before attempting some of these home maintenance tasks.
Top 10 Winter Preparation Tips from Local Home Inspectors:
- Make sure your family is knows where the gas main valve and other appliance valves are located,
- Clean the clothes dryer exhaust duct, damper and space under the dryer,
- Make sure all electrical holiday decorations have tight connections,
- Remove screens from home windows and install storm windows,
- Confirm firewood at least 20 feet away from your home,
- Clean the kitchen exhaust hood and air filter,
- Clean the gutters and downspouts,
- Check your water heater,
- Test all AFCI and GFCI devices, and last but definitely not least,
- Check the water hoses on the clothes washer, refrigerator and dishwasher for cracks and bubbles.
While these are a few quick home maintenance tips from your local home inspectors
on preparing your home for the winter, this list is not all inclusive. If you would like additional help in preparing your home for winter, send us a message at Facebook.com/Inspect360
or give us a call at 469-224-0360. You can also visit Inspect360 on Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube. We are your local home inspectors
here to serve you!
Â Home Inspections Done Right by Inspect360
To Get The Most Comprehensive Home Inspection In the Dallas Area, Give Us A Call Today (972) 652-0360 or Click Here To Schedule Online Now!